Proteomics core facility
The Proteomics Core Facility (PCF) of University of Tartu (UT) is a mass spectrometry (MS) based proteomics competence center. The goal of MS proteomics is to characterize both qualitatively and quantitatively the peptide/protein composition of cells, tissues, bodily fluids and biologics (e.g. therapeutic antibodies).
The facility is maintained on the basis of service analyses and concentrates the necessary instrumentation and qualified personnel for maintaining the apparatus. We offer our services to research groups within UT and for other scientific institutions (universities, national laboratories and others), also, for the biotechnology industry.
UT PCF offers following proteomics services:
- Protein identification and de novo sequencing.
- Protein label-free and label-based (e.g. SILAC, iTRAQ, TMT) relative and absolute quantification.
- Protein PTM identification, mapping and quantification:
- Phosphorylation, including enrichment of the specific modification,
- Methylation and acetylation, including enrichment of the specific modification,
- N-glycosylation and ubiquitinylation sites and occupancy,
- Sulfation, nitration, deamidation, hydroxylation and other non-complex modifications.
- Intact protein mass measurement and top-down identification (< 100 kDa).
- Endogenously (e.g. disulfide bridges) and chemically cross-linked peptide identification.
- Protein/peptide targeted (’parallel reaction monitoring’) quantitation.
- Protein biomarker discovery and verification services.
In addition to service analyses, UT PCF continually participates in scientific research and collaboration. The research of our scientists has been published in a number of different publications. Starting from 2019 UT PCF also participates in the pan-EU infrastructure project, EPIC-XS (https://epic-xs.eu/), which unifies leading proteomics groups over the EU to provide access and advance proteomics technologies.
Before submitting samples please contact the facility manager Sergo Kasvandik to discuss the details of your experimental design, so that the analysis can be optimally tailored to your needs. The prices for different services can be found here.