The section of organic chemistry was formed and started its operation in 2005. During 2006-2011 we purchased new analytical equipment: 400 MHz NMR, HPLC-MS, GC, FTIR (Interspec 2020), etc.
Centre consists of scientists whose goal is to find solutions to essential problems and strengthen the position of the University of Tartu in scientific world. We are encouraging young scientists to join our team and we make our best to create an inspiring atmosphere for science.
The general theme of the projects, which are currently running or planned, are the synthesis of compounds and preparation of biofuels.
- Aleksei Bredihhin, phone: +372 737 4853, aleksei.bredihhin [ät] ut.ee, Nooruse 1 (office 501), Tartu, Estonia;
- Ilme Liblikas, phone: +372 737 4808, ilme.liblikas [ät] ut.ee, Nooruse 1 (office 535), Tartu, Estonia;
- Lauri Vares, phone: +372 737 4808, lauri.vares [ät] ut.ee, Nooruse 1 (office 535), Tartu, Estonia.
- Development of technology for a new type of second generation biofuel. (PhD Lauri Vares)
- New methods in synthesis of azulene derivatives (PhD Aleksei Bredihhin)
- Ilme Liblikas (senior researcher, PhD)
- Lauri Vares (senior researcher, PhD)
- Aleksei Bredihhin (senior researcher, PhD)
- Piret Villo (researcher, PhD)
- Indrek Veidenberg (chemist)
- Livia Matt (chemist)
We are collaborating with the following groups/institutions: