Bioengineering at IMS Lab
Our research focuses on the development of electroactive polymer technology based sensing, signaling and responding approaches for diagnostics and for non-invasive interventions in collaboration with academic and industrial partners.
We are part of highly interdisciplinary Intelligent Materials and Systems Lab headed by prof Alvo Aabloo.
- Biopolymeric flow-capacitor
- Euro-African open biomedical engineering e-platform for innovation through education
- Ionic miniature polymer actuators for minimally invasive interventions
Our core team
Janno Torop, Research Fellow in Material Science
Saoni Banerji, Research Fellow in Microfabrication
Faiza Summer (PhD student)
Madis Harjo (PhD student)
We have several bachelor and master projects available and we are accustomed to tailor the project on the expertise and interests of each student.
- Biopolymeric actuators and sensors
- Energy harvesting and storage with ionic polymers
- Electroactive polymers and applications
We are always interested in accommodating outstanding postdocs. If you have a fellowship or if you are interested in developing your own proposal, please contact us!