Core facility has a Zeiss LSM710 confocal microscope, this can be used to
- analyze alive and fixed cells, there is a CO2- and temperature-controlled chamber for live cell imaging.
- detect your signal in 34 different channels across the wide wavelength range.
- do z-stacks and time-lapse, including multi-position time-lapse.
- observe cells in transmitting ligth
- 4 lasers: 405 nm, 458/488/514 nm, 561 nm and 633 nm
- 4 objectives: 10 x, 20 x, 63 x (water, glycerol), 63 x (oil)
How to use a microscope
- Book your time in a calendar. If you change your plans, please change the booking as well.
- Before the first time you have to receive a proper training, please contact Reet Kurg (reet.kurg [ät] ut.ee).
- Follow the instructions when using a microscope. When in doubt, please ask Eve Toomsoo (eve.toomsoo [ät] ut.ee) to help you.
- When finished, please sign up in logbook just next to the microscope.